This is me.


This is me. 

I am many things. 

I am a: mother; partner; nurse; and midwife. 

I am a: creative; a traveller; a nurturer. 

I am spiritual, not religious. 

I prefer wide open spaces to the containment of walls. 

I fiercely support the right to choose home birth, home death, and home education. 

I am a feminist, a lover of people and a lover of this planet and all that she provides. 

I am a survivor of workplace bullying and harassment. 

I am a fighter of Autoimmune Disease.  

My life journey thus far has been scattered with unique and amazing experiences for which I am eternally grateful: travelling the country with my family full time for an entire year; living and working in remote Indigenous communities in the Northern Territory; even a tumultuous time in the military which will likely surprise some. Despite their richness, none of these experiences will ever rival my journey into motherhood.

I am acutely aware that this journey continues; I’ve not finished the lessons I need to learn in this life. I yearn for something else, something more: self love; authenticity; comfort in imperfection and vulnerability; gratitude for the little things; trust in intuition. This is what brings me here – the search for something more. This is my journey through the discomfort of opening up my vulnerability to the world, so that I may become richer for it. 

I look around at the people who I admire, so many of whom are writing. They are writing what they are thinking. How they are thinking. In the words they are thinking. And in that way they are putting their vulnerability out there. I can do that. I am going to do that. Feel free to follow along... or not. 

I am Rebecca.
I am imperfect, and I am learning to be OK with that. 




*"The gifts of Imperfection" by Brene Brown is the inspiration for this journey. If you would like more information, please visit her blog here

Comments